We are FINALLY ready to re-open to the public this week and we can't wait to see you all in person. Ready or not, the sheet will come down and our OPEN flag will go out on Friday, June 19th! Jamie and I have been frantically unpacking tons of new items and stocking our shelves. As with everything, this summer will look different at The Beach Plum. Everyone will be asked to wear a mask while shopping, capacity will be limited it to 4 shoppers at a time (please - no unaccompanied children) and we ask that you respect social distancing. We also hope that anyone shopping will be following the IHP community protocols. We have installed a plexiglass shield at the checkout counter and will have hand sanitizer available as you come in and as you check out. As we all navigate how this works for all of us, there will be a few changes in some of our policies. Please read below.
- June Hours will be Tuesday - Saturday - 10:00 - 1:00 and 3:00 - 5:00. Please respect our closed times as it will allow us to clean and restock without crowding the store while people are shopping. July hours will be posted as we get closer.
- Our changing room/bathroom is currently closed to the public. We will be allowing customers to bring up to 4 items home overnight to try on (with a cc# on file to hold) and will then hold any returned items for 24 hours before we put them back out.
- No gift-wrapping - with limited staff, we are not offering this service for now. We will happily send you home with tissue and ribbon and we do have additional gift-wrap supplies for sale.
- Credit card payment is preferred. Customers can do self swipe at the counter or if you would rather, we can create a house account with a valid credit card on file.
- Curb-side pick-up will continue - if you are more comfortable shopping over the phone/email and doing an outside pick-up, we remain happy to help. If its a Fishers Island item you are searching for, you can order through our website - www.thebeachplum.com - and use the coupon code "curb-side."
Little Plum Pop-up/ Trunk Show News
All of our off island trunk-shows and pop-ups have been cancelled through at least July. More info on plans for August as the summer progresses. In the meantime, the Little Plum is filled with tons of SALE goodies that are 75% or more off - clothing, home goods, gifts and accessories. Individual (or cohort) shopping times can be arranged by calling the store - 788-7731 or emailing Heather - firstname.lastname@example.org. You can either bring the items into the BP to be scanned or email us pictures of the price tags of the items you find and we can settle up over the phone. This SALE SPACE is set up for a limited time only through Sat, July 4!
We will have one on-island JULY POP-UP! Top it Off (owned by Karena Elwell Rasser) will be in the Little Plum space from Monday, July 6 - Sunday, July 19. Similar safety protocols will be expected and it will be staffed by on-island help.
We are looking forward to navigating these "new normals" together in order to keep both our store team and our island community safe and healthy!
Hope to see you all soon!
Heather & Jamie